From:
JUDY MOON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Aug 1998 20:51:12 -0700
With nearly 20 ferrets it is sometimes hard to take time to be with each
one.  Ferret math can get to a negative number.  So I got up early this
morning and went to talk to the "old man".  Moonsong's Slinky Sam, normally
called Sam.  He is now nearly five years old.  He and his sister Moonsong's
Smokey Jo, were the ones that really gave me the idea of raising a few
ferrets.  They are both so sweet and gentle.  Well, any way I went in and
woke up Sam.  He came along slowly pushing his son, Icy, out of the way.  He
crawled into my arms and promptly laid back.  He sorta let me carry most of
the conversation, but a lot of things got discussed.  He did give me kisses
and snuggles, ate a treat and requested to go back to bed.  Seems the years
are creeping up on both of us.  I stood and looked at his son and daughter,
Icy and Surprise, and his grandchildren, Heidi, Fancy, and two yet to be
named.  I thought about the years, the love, the fun and the heartbreak (no
not death, except once), but placing the babies I choose not to keep.  (I
cry after every new owner leaves).  Suddenly I remembered why I love ferrets
so much and why they are my friends -- because they give.  I hope each and
every ferret person out there the same.

Love to all ferrets and their people   Judy  Moonsong Ferrets