Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 1995 23:51:55 EDT
Hi everyone,

Been receiving the FML for a few months now and I really like it a lot.
I have a ferret named Drizzt for about 2.5 years now.  He's a wonderful
little lovable guy.  My post is regarding the addition of a second
ferret, by the name of Rogue, to my home.  I adopted him from the local
humane shelter after he was picked up as a stray.  He's about twice the
mass of Drizzt but is definitely not in as good health.  Rogue has had a
rabies vac.  (Fromm-D) and seems to have had no ill effects from it.  He'
eats well and drinks water as he pleases.  His stool seems fine and quite
regular.  He is playful, dances some.  Doesn't bite.  His teeth are not
in the best shape but I think it's beause of a lack of proper minerals in
his diet.  He has some spatial problems in that he seems not to know how
far away from objects he is or something ( he seems disoriented at times
even walking straight across the floor).  I'm wondering if this is due to
the stress he was under and that he hasn't fully recovered from his
ordeal of being lost out in the big city.  He definitely has had a rough
time of it.  His coordination is a bit off too.  I've given him a bath
and his fur still seems stiff and dry (I did give him linatone, I don't
think the shelter knew enough to give him some).  I'm wondering what kind
of diet an/or supplements anyone could recommend to help him become
healthy.  The humane society said he was 'ok' but I still will be taking
him to a good ferret vet in town.

p.s.  I'm keeping the two apart until Rogue gets healtier and becomes
accustomed to living with me and Drizzt.  Drizzt is concerned and really
wants to meet the big guy.  Drizzt was following me around all day.

Colin, Drizzt & Rogue
In Toronto