From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 09:30:39 -0600
I may be one that deals with death of our little ones more often than some
others.  Our home is filled with ferrets that came to us with medical
problems and even with the best nursing and medical care, sometimes we
only have a short time to be together.

We live and love each day to the fullest.  Each day is a blessing.  I never
take even one day for granted for tomorrow may never come for our little
ones and if it doesn't I don't want to be sorry for what I did or didn't do
yesterday.

We take it one day at a time and we are grateful for any time we are given
to be with the little ones.  When someone stands on my foot or leg to be
picked up, I pick him/her/them up.  I hug and cuddle and kiss and caress
them till they can't stand it anymore.  Then they go on their ways.  When
I'm too tired or ill to play with them, I'll put them on the bed with me
and cuddle and wiggle my fingers under the blanket for them to chase.  A
few minutes is all they ask for, such a small request.

I love them and care for them with all of my being.  When it is their time
to leave, I know I have done my best and that I cannot change the end.  I
sometimes have a difficult time accepting it, but in time I always do.

Hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services
Please sign up to support our charity