From:
Sara Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 2010 21:16:55 -0800
Thank you so much to all of those who have helped in this situation!
Totally Ferret, SOS, Washington State Shelter & Rescue, Snoopy's
Snugglers, INWFA, and many private individuals have graciously donated
supplies, volunteer time and cash donations. Having personally visited
the shelter today to help with cleaning, vaccinations, etc, the shelter
operator and volunteers are doing a great job in caring for the rescued
ferrets. They are about ready to be out of the quarantine shed and will
be ready to adopt soon. The shelter is still in desperate need of the
following: wood stove pellets, food, cash and/or paypal donations,
paydown of vet bills. Please consider donating what you can, these
guys really need all the help you can spare.

Here's a recap for anyone who's missed:

On Monday, Nov. 8th the Inland Northwest Ferret Association (INWFA),
Ferret Haven of Spokane, and Ferret Rescue of North Idaho took in 47
ferrets from a hoarder. Of the surviving ferrets, 21 are at Ferret
Haven of Spokane, 8 went to Ferret Rescue of North Idaho. Both shelters
are maxed out on ferrets. If you can spare a little both shelters could
use help with vet bills or with any supplies.

Donations of any sort can be sent to:
Ferret Haven of Spokane
2411 West Rowan Avenue
Spokane, WA 99205-5734

OR to relieve some of the astronomical vet bills totalling in the
thousands:

Peone Pines Animal Hospital
Phone: 1-509-466-7115
Fax: 1-509-468-8044
14717 Newport Highway
Mead, WA 99021
Acct# 5735

Paula, the gal who runs that shelter, can also be reached via email:

Any donations sent to the above address would be divided between the
two shelters. I know they can really use help with vet bills, but any
donations would help.

You can view 2 news stories about the rescue here:

http://www.krem.com/video?id=107109334&s
[Moderator's note: The link shows me an unrelated story, though perhaps
it's a temporary glitch. This similar one below worked for me:     BIG]
<http://www.krem.com/video/featured-videos/90-ferrets-rescued-from-Springdale-home-107109334.html>

http://www.kxly.com/news/25832978/detail.html

--
Sara Hamilton