From:
lisette lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 21:45:54 -0500
My little girl Baby has had poor health for years now.  I have been told
this and that by ferret Vets, and given her different meds.  She has
bounced back from the edge at least six times.  Now, however, her spleen is
gigantic.  She is on .1 cc of prelone and .23 cc of metronidazolez.[cherry
flavor]  She hides from me now to avoid me syringing this vile stuff down
her throat.  She gags, foams, spits, coughs.  I would rather put her to
sleep than continue to cause her this pain.  We have tried two other
flavors, mixing it with ferretone and with 4 paws ferret coat supplement.
Hates it.  If I put it in her duck soup, the tiny amount of med isnt
gaurenteed to all get in her system, as she drinks from gold plated
Noritake Ireland China,[well, arent we special?  Answer: YES] and doesnt
drink all of her mix.  PLEASE respond if there is something that has worked.

Went to vets to put her down Wed.  Limp, wont move except to avoid pain of
medicine or find another spot to sleep.  Most of fur fell out in 2 weeks
time.  Nashing teeth.  Have to put tea cup under her face and stick liquid
on my finger to her lips to get her to eat since Oct..

Doesnt want to explore floor of Vets on her leash[THAT is sick] Vet comes.
I say, let me show you how bad it is.  A tear runs down my face.  My throat
is closed up.  I forgot to bring the kleenex, and am making snorting
noises..  I set her on the floor.  She romps around and around, sniffing
and snooping.$%^#& No way she is going to die when she is frisky like that.
So I have the Doc look at her gums.  She was nashing in pain because of
severe swollen gums requiring electrosurgery.  [Her teeth were cleaned in
Sept.  But she has only eaten duck soup for over a year.]

Spleen still gigantic.  Back to being limp noodle at home, and trips to
pet store, and work, and visiting family.  Hate medicine.  Isnt life
interesting?  The few days left, I dont want her suffering because of me
sticking horrible, bitter stuff down her throat.  Help?

Prayers for all the innocent vulnerable companions that are struggling for
life.

Prayer really works  But that is another story  Happy Valentines Day to
Lovers of the most incredible kind: FERRET Lovers.