From:
Sandy Nobles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 01:21:54 -0800
THIS WAS POSTED BACK IN DEC. ON AN OTHER GROUP I BELONG TOO FELT IT
WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO ADD TO THIS LIST!

In memory of Frosty-PLEASE READ THIS WARNING

The lady that runs the ferret sanctuary I work for has suffered a
terrible loss that has left us in shock.  For years she has been using
metal shower curtain hangers to hang her hammocks and never imagined they
might be dangerious....until Friday.  I wish I has a picture to show you
what they look like.  They're just barely large enough to fit over the
shower curtain rod(with the rod taken off).  She never imagined a ferret
would climb through one....but sadly, that's exactly what happened after
all these years without a problem.  She'd just finished cleaning out the
cages and left the room for 30 minutes to take a shower.  During that
time, a sweet 5 year old girl named Frosty climbed up the side of the
cage and managed to get her head through the loop, and then slipped.  By
the time she found her 30 minutes later, she was gone.  PLEASE LET HER
DEATH BE A LESSON!  If anyone uses those PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE squeeze
them flat so a ferret can't get stuck in them, or better yet-find
something safer!!!!  Run free sweet Frosty, we're so sorry that it took
loosing you to realize the danger.