Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 20:53:26 -0500
Well, Dervish has discovered the yumminess of Ferretone (I didn't realize
how much it smells like patchouli until someone commented on it at work).
However, she has turned up her nose at the brand-new spiffy purple hammock
I got her.  Oh, well.

Question du jour: My friend Kyle has a dog that he's training, and he
implements a "bad can" which is a soda can filled with BBs.  Of course, it
makes a wicked noise when shaken, which makes the dog stop whatever badness
it's engaged in.  Has anyone ever used this method with success on a
ferret?  Last night I was sewing, and Dervish started digging at the
carpet; I turned around fast to see what she was doing and knocked over the
sewing can, which made an ungodly clatter.  Dervish did stop digging,
though, when she heard the noise.  I don't want to do it again unless I'm
sure I'm not giving her mental scars, even if it would work as a training
aid.  This would also be helpful for those times when she decides to get
into my computer printer (!).

Also, Dervish has this obsession with my phone cord.  She'll do anything to
get at it.  Is there a toy that's got similar springy action that's safe
for her?

Love and dooks to all,
Meghan and Dervish (I'd better put some of this food in a hidey-hole in
case I need it later!)