From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 18:50:34 -0400
I've been talking privately with Lisa about the imposter who is
pretending to be a director of Ferret Haven by the Sea.  Having had a
personal imposter in the ferret community for a number of years I can
tell you that YOU -- all the members of the ferret community -- are
Lisa's shelter's best defense.  How?  You need to remember to DOUBT
anyone who claims to be a director of Ferret Haven by the Sea until
after you check with Linda.  You don't have to be overt about it;
imposters sometimes get very possessive of their fantasies so they can
be unpleasant and even angry if they are challenged or if their fantasy
world is crumbled.  Just check, check, check before believing or
assuming.  Look at addresses: is the person using a similar but different
address?  Don't accept easily faked things like business cards.  Doubt
and check.  Those are the two things which make you her shelter's best
line of defense against this imposter.  With your common sense behind her
this problem can be reduced.