From:
"Diane E. Emery" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 1995 14:16:09 -0600
Hi all. Summer is upon us and here in Houston it is already up to 94 in the
afternoon. YUCK! We have the air on and the house is at a comfy 75 at all
times. Unfortunately, poor Rocket is stuck indoors. He loves going outside
but I am afraid that the heat may bother him. Can anyone give me an idea of
how long is ok to play outside in the summer? And the first signs to watch
for if he gets overheated? He really misses running around in the grass and
playing in the dirt!
        I have an odd question-which is more common in ferrets-a pink nose
or a black nose? In all the ferrets I have seen and pictures on the net,
very few have a black nose (Rocket does). Just wondering.
        Oh, I wrote a few days ago that Rocket had stopped eating-well,
things seem to be much better now. I was getting realy woried since it had
been 4-5 days and he had eaten very little but then on Saterday he ate...
and ATE and ATE...Had to refill his bowl and then he kept on eating! Things
seem to be moving smoothly put Ill keep the petromalt flowing freely just
in case.

Happy Ferreting!

Diane and Alex (humans) owned by Rocket (named after the Houston Rockets
basketball team when they won the world championships-May they do it again
this year!)