From:
LCPL JENNIFER J ACKLEY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 02:43:03 -0500
hi
well i've been on the list about two weeks so i thought it was time to
introduce myself and the herd i have in my house.  i am a lcpl in the
united states marine corps and i am stationed at camp lejeune in
jacksonville nc.  my husband bobby and i have 10 ferrets.  there names are

 1) tristan/female/sable/1 1/2 yrs
 2) gypsy/female/sable/1 1/2 yrs
 3) pepper/female/darkeyed whitr/1 1/2 yrs
 4) kit kat/female/sable/4 yrs *
 5) pickle/male/sable/4 yrs *
 6) twinkie/male/darkeyed white/3 yrs *
 7) pretzel/male/darkeyed white/2 yrs *
 8) t.j./male/sable/1 1/2yrs
 9) ozzy/male/siamesse/8 months
10) pinky/male/siamesse/2 months

* these for we took in because there former owners could no longer have
them and they did not to split them up so after careful thought and my
husband and i deciding we could never split our six up we took in these
four beautiful fuzzies.  and they have been a joyous and welcome addition
to the house.

for the most part our ferrets have been extremely healthy the four we just
got last month have a bacterial infection in there mouths the vet said from
the stress of the move and being around new ferrets.  we have been fighting
this battle for 4 weeks they have been to the vet twice and we are having to
force feed them.  he gave us something yesterday to help stimulate their
appetities any suggestions are of course welcomed.  we love all our fuzzies
so much and of course we have no children other then them so they are the
center of world and are spoiled rotten.  well i just wanted to say hi and
let you all know that when we got our first one tristan (a b-day present)
for my husband i wasn't too found of the creatures but not only did she
change my mind she's won my heart!!!  they all have that way 7 of them we
took from other people who didn't want them anymore.  i couldn't stand to
think of one without someone to love them as much as i love my babies even
my grandma likes them.  well iguess i'll sign off now.

lcpl jennifer j ackley-kelley sends