From:
C & R Roller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2000 20:48:27 -0700
Well, as usual I did receive plenty of responses from my FERRET ABANDONMENT
DISORDER article.  Many were just what I had asked for, "feedback from
other shelters about similarities" and I got some wonderful and helpful
ideas and comparison of notes.  YES with a big *^$()#*)( Y...E...S... I
whole heartedly agree there are too many problems, allowing the reasons
for this situation to become a problem.  Your advice is gratefully and
respectfully accepted.

NOW FOR THE OTHERS, the people, who even after I said "DO NOT waste my or
your time justifying your existence or reason for doing what you did." but
these individuals who are the reason we have this problem, felt it was in
their best interest to write to me and try to justify the reason behind
dumping their ferrets, dogs, cats, etc.... Sorry, but I don't care.  This
may hurt a few feelings, but again, I DON'T CARE.  I only want to know how
to help the situation at hand.  I am not paid $200 an hour to listen to you
justify discarding a living creature that you paid someone else to take
from its mother.  If you want sympathy about some horrible thing that you
have done, go to the local Walmart, find the card section, look under
sympathy, and pick on that makes you feel right about what you did.  Don't
waste my time or the time of other RESPONSIBLE FERRET AND PET OWNERS OUT
THERE.  ESPECIALLY someone who is operating a Ferret or Animal Rescue.  We
have force feedings to do, medicine to give, litter to change, vet bills to
pay, food to buy, phone calls to answer, potential Ferret owners to screen
so we don't have to see this poor unfortunate ABANDONED FERRET back in our
or another shelter.

So for my fellow shelter operators and RESPONSIBLE FERRET OWNERS out there,
at 3:00 today (Memorial Day) the country was asked to observe a moment of
silence for all the fallen veterans who have died for their country.  As a
former U.S. Marine, who served his country for 10 years during peace and
war, I did.  But now I would like to take a moment to thank you.  There was
once another shelter operating here in the Salt Lake Valley, but last year
she left and I miss this lady so.  I have never met her, but we have shared
conversations on the telephone about sheltering Ferrets.  With her absence,
I feel the extra burden and can understand how you all must feel.  So I
salute you and detest those who decided to waste my time.

Rick
United Ferret Organization
10584 S. 700 E  #310  (New Address)
Sandy, Utah 84070