From:
Shannon Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 09:30:03 -0500
Oh my gosh!

You flamers need to cool off!  NO ONE is hurting their ferrets on this
network!  Deziree needed help and we gave it to her, and it worked and not
one little ferkid was hurt and all seem to be behaving at the present time.
Obviously some of you are reading selectively.  You seemed to have missed
the part where those of us who replied to Deziree said to use that neck
scruff and a firm, loud "NO" - first and foremost!  The nose flicking is
not a HIT or a PUNCH by any means!  It consists of a careful, barely there
tap, and of course, it is not the way for some people, but it is for
others.  And, who are we to judge others, especially if this worked for
some extremely hard cases of bad biters.  I can see where someone may get
the wrong idea about this - and yes, I know the facts about those who have
HIT instead of lightly tap.

I have had lots of ferrets over the last 18 or so years, and have only used
this tactic a couple of times for EXTREME cases where nothing else worked,
and I mean NOTHING ELSE!  I never have and of course, never would harm any
animal!  This method is only one of many suggested over the years and in
several books on ferrets.  I understand that we are all scared and worried
about harm coming to our furball friends.  I think enough is enough for
this topic.

Hope this clears things up for some of ya'll
Shannon