From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:14:43 -0700
Tonite we have an item of 'sad' news and we're hoping that some of you
folks might be able to help out in this 'situation'.

We were contacted this evening by a woman named Laura who's ferret 'Indy'
is in desperate need of intestinal surgery (probably an exploratory),
Their vet Dr. Michaels believes that 'Indy' has some sort of intestinal
blockage and he will be performing surgery in the morning.
Unfortunately, Laura and her family are unable to afford the entire cost
of this procedure.  (Haven't we all been there?)  They called us this
evening to see if there was any way we could help to raise some funds to
offset the costs and provide 'Indy' with this much needed treatment.  If
there's any way YOU can help, please send any donations or contributions
to:

Camelwest Animal Hospital
co% 'Indy' and 'Laura'
5502 West Camelback Road
Glendale, AZ 85301
Phone: 623-934-1272

BTW, any e-mail responses about 'Indy' should be sent to:

[Moderator's note: I suspect that's why it was sent to the anonymous
posting address, thought it was completely signed with even a phone
number... if it was earlier I'd call and ask for clarification.  BIG]

Here's one of the e-mails from Laura explaining their dire situation...

Julie

'Indy' is such a wonderfully playful ferret, She is as you know 9mos old
and a very special part of my daughters heart.  When you play with indy
she likes to hide and jump out and grab your feet when you walk by her,
and when she gets excited she makes these little noises and then jumps on
you like shes going to beat you up, and after she is finished playing and
wants to go to sleep she will come and lay on my feet as if to tell me
grandma I'm tired now.  As in the morning when my husband gets up to go
to work she is waiting for him to take her out and play for awhile until
he leaves.

Indy is a special part of our family and we love her very much.  any and
all help is greatly appreciated by our whole family.  Please add me to
your list of friends so I may help someone who loves their pet as much as
we love Indy

Thank You
Laura & Toni