From:
"Patty Israelson, Beggars & Thieves Shelter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 14:22:17 EDT
Greetings FML Ferret Fans, I am the ferret lady that was on TNT with Joe Bob
Briggs.  I had lots of fun doing the show, and Joe Bob had a good time with
my ferrets too.  He had never been around them before and was a little
apprehensive at first.  Then they won him over (as usual!!!) and stole
everyone's heart with their antics behind the scenes.  I wanted to bring
attention to the California Legalization efforts and only wish there had
been more time to give more information to everyone about their situation
out there.  Like I told the show's producer, it is an absolute insult to the
citizens of California when their state government will allow people smoke
marijuana, but they can't own a ferret.  The California State Senate,
Legislature and Governor have made themselves the laughing stock of the
country by proving how insensitive they are to their citizens.  I hope they
will reconsider their opinions on ferret ownership and do what is right for
the people of that great state by legalizing ferrets as pets!

My best wishes to all ferrets and their owners!

Patty Israelson and the Beggars & Thieves Ferret Shelter