From:
friskyferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 17:08:47 -0000
Hi all, usually a bit of a lurker, driven out of safe obscurity by the
Meadows hell-hole for animals in Vegas issue.  I am writing from the
Channel Islands safely able to comment from a distance it's true, but
cruelty goes on here too in this seemingly innocuous little back-water
and I always stick my neck out when I get to know the facts, or witness
any abuse first hand.  It can be suprisingly easy to shame somebody.

Obviously this man is a thug of sorts and seems able to intimidate all
manner of people, even local TV stations!  I understand that feelings on
the F.M.L are mixed about P.E.T.A, fine, OK, but they get things done and
they get things changed, I am a member and have just read their latest
magazine (Animal Times), I am sure they would help sort this abuse out if
they can and I digress a moment but on page 11 they mention that at the
St.Margaret Mercy Healthcare, 5454 Hohman Ave., Hammond IN, 46320, ferrets
are used in the medical school to practise putting down ET tubes, I bet
the ferrets love that.  As a nurse dealing with anaesthetics every day I
can say that the anatomy of a ferret cannot possibly mimic that of a baby,
child or adult, why not use a dummy like we do here?  Pure abuse yet again,
different from the Meadows, but abuse none-the-less.  P.E.T.A have exposed
this, anyone who wants to write to this establishment the president is
called Gene Diamond.  PS: Anyone into eating turkey have a look on page
17, there's no way I'm having one on the dinner-table this Xmas.

[Moderator's note: St. Margaret's Healthcare has been discussed here
before, both pro and con.  The archives await.  BIG]