From:
eri garner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Sep 2009 02:47:35 -0500
Not trying to step on anyone's toes, but why is there another tree?
What is the real point? What needs were unfulfilled by the Original
Tree?

My concerns:

1. I think it's going to be terribly confusing to people for there to
be more than one
2. This kinda says to me that you are unhappy with Kris' efforts in the
past. If you have such issues, instead of making your own, why not just
contact him directly and discuss the problems/questions?
3. In the current economy, do you honestly think that people can afford
to adopt from both? (I certainly can't afford it!) I'm concerned that
the thinner you spread things, the worse it will be for all the
ferrets.
4. Why not merely join forces with Kris, instead of creating something
else altogether?
5. The very use of the name "Ferret Giving Tree" is definitely going
to cause problems for people. At the very least, you could have used
a different name.

While I think that it is admirable that you want to help the ferrets, I
can't help but think that this smacks of some sort of discontent, and I
think it's sort of inappropriate to undercut the efforts he and others
working on the original tree have done for so long. What gives?

~Eri