From:
Greeter 421 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2008 13:47:10 -0400
Bridge Greetings for Molly

Monday morning at the Rainbow Bridge was hot and humid. Bridge Greeter
No. 421 was fanning himself with a large leaf. A breeze sprung up from
across the skies and the wind changed, bringing a different scent.

"Could it be that someone new has arrived and I missed them," No. 421
said to his page? "Why don't you go over the bridge to see if we have
a new arrival," No. 421 said. "I be so tired with all this heat I will
just rest here."

Little Andy, 421's page, walked across the Rainbow Bridge. It sure was
hot. "Hello," he called. "Anyone out there?"

"I be here," said a small voice. "I be scared. I jus woke up and I is
here."

"Well," said Andy. "You are a cute little girl, where you be from?"

"My name is Molly, and I'm not sure. I was in my car bed, ready for a
journey, and then, I was so tired, I went to sleep. Now, I am here, and
I don't know anyone, and I misses my Hooman Mom. That lady took good
care of me, and when she packed me up to go see Dr. Bob, I knew she
was doing the right thing for me. I journeyed a long way, and I has a
ticket from an Angel, but, where am I now, and why is I scared?"

"You are at the Rainbow Bridge," Andy said. "Was you sick? Do you feel
better now? Come on, I'll take you to the Bridge Greeter, his name is
421, and he will help you." And taking Molly by the paw, the two
ferrets made their way over the Bridge.

George and Lottie were playing in the Meadow of Dreams when Lottie
poked George with her tail. "Pssst, George, what's that I smell coming
in on the wind," Lottie said? George raised his head and sniffed.
"Can't be, it can't be, " said George. Together, the two ferrets went
to the edge of the meadow and peaked around the bushes to the Rainbow
Bridge. The mist had cleared and the sun was high overhead. They saw
a small dark sable ferret clutching Andy's hand and looking up at No.
421. She gave the Bridge Greeter a paper that looked like a ticket.

"That's Molly," George said. "I'm sure of it. I wonder what happened?"

No. 421 saw the bushes move, and looking down at the Angel's ticket
clutched tight in Molly's paw, he suspected the two little ferrets were
George and Lottie and they were spying on him. No. 421 rose up to his
full height, and taking the ticket, he leaned down and scooped Molly up
in his strong arms and said, "Do not be afraid anymore. I have someone
I want you to meet."

And with that, No. 421 carried molly over to the bushes and called to
George and Lottie. The two ferrets did not answer right away because
they were not suppose to be spying on No. 421. They should have waited
until Andy came for them.

"I know you are there," said No. 421. "Come out and meet Molly. George
and Lottie slipped out from behind the bushes and ran to meet their
cage mate. The three joined paws and hugged each other. They were
united once again, and George and Lottie told Molly they would take
her into their mound and she could share their home until their Hooman
came for them all.

The three scampered off through the meadow so George and Lottie could
show Molly to their friends.

No. 421 asked Andy to fetch him a cold lemonade and keep a watch out
for him. "If you are ever going to be a Bridge Greeter, you have to
know how to keep watch," said No 421. "I'll be right here, incase you
need me."

And with that he sat down, blew his nose, and began sipping his
lemonade. He made a mental note to speak to the Boss about growing
higher bushes. Page Andy skipped over the Bridge to the other side
so he would be on hand when someone arrived and no one would be left
waiting.

It was just another lazy afternoon at the Rainbow Bridge.