From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 1995 14:21:22 EDT
    I just got caught up on a ten days worth of FML.  I need some information
on bite statistics.  I thought I had a file on this but I can not find it.  I
do have rabies statistics but for the letters I have written to CBS I would
like bite statistics.  If they are available I would like to enclose them in
the envelopes.

    I have letters ready for all involved CBS and the HSUS.  I realy would
like to include bite statistics though.  Also I would like a list of all the
sponsors of The Morning Show when it comes out.  It's probably a good idea
to post them with addresses if posible to the FML.

    I am being very polite in my letters and hope we all are.  It's not easy
to keep those colorful metaphors out but cool heads always prevail.  Thanks
for all the addresses and names.

        HELP                    HELP                    HELP
    On another note.  I can't believe I did this.  I bought my usual dog
toys for my kids and found out one of the toys is not ferret safe.  It's a
hard rubber bear with a squeeker in it.  I thought the arm and hand were
solid rubber.  NOT.  It's as hollow as a log.  One of my guys chewed part
of the hand off.  I just hope it comes out the easy way, or was never
injested.  I can't find the missing piece so I assume one of them ate it.
I've been giving them catlax twice a day since.  Is there any problem with
this?  I don't plan on doing it for ever but at least the next day or two.
I know all the signs to look for so I don't need any help here.  I just
want to know about the catlax.

    Oh ya, yesterday when I went to the vet to see if they had something
stronger than catlax and told them my story.  One of the vet techs said use
hydrogen peroxide(sp).  I looked at her like she had three heads, and said I
don't think so.  You can kill your ferret by inducing vomitting in this
case.  I am right here, right?  My vet was not in so if I see any signs at
all this afternoon I'll be back to see my vet.  Is there anything stronger
and safe for ferrets than catlax.  The vet on hand wasn't sure.  Thanks,

    Brad, and gang of rubber eating ferrets.  :-0 I think we'll be okay.
It was a very small chunk, but then again so isn't Tasha and I think it was
her that ate it.