From:
Tanya M Vestal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 13:52:15 -0600
Wow!  I didn't realize what I was starting when I asked about cupboard
doors!  Thanks to everyone who replied.  Since we live in an apartment
("pets??  no, no pets here"), I'm kind of reluctant to drill holes in
things, so I think we'll try the velcro trick.  For now, we just set the
Halloween pumpkin in front of the doors.  For some reason, Boomer is scared
to death of jack-o-lanterns.  He peeks around the corner into the kitchen,
and hisses at the pumpkin.  Hopefully, it won't rot before I get to the
store!

Isn't it amazing how ferrets adapt to your schedule?  Our ferrets get let
out in the mornings while we get ready for class, and are accurate to within
10 minutes of our alarm (7:30).  If we don't let them out by 7:41, cage
doors will rattle, litter will fly, and food will spill!  The only problem
with ferret alarm clocks is they don't have a snooze button, and don't
recognize weekends.  So, the only solution I have is to try to get them on
daylight savings, and settle for getting up early on weekends, and taking a
nap later.  (I never saw a ferret object to an afternoon nap.)

Later!
Tanya, Boomer ("What's that evil orange thing in front of my toybox?")
and Bongo ("What a dork - it's just a pumpkin.")