From:
Suzanne Rosenbaum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Dec 2003 19:26:05 -0600
This doesn't have anything to do with ferrets, but two days ago someone
shot one of my dogs,actually he's a puppy about 6 months old.  According
to the vet, he was probably shot with a .22 magnum.  If it had of hit 1/4
inch lower, it would have shattered his spine.With it being a magnum, the
entrance wound is small, but a baseball would fit in the exit.  As it is,
the vet had to remove bone fragments from the wound.  But Buster will
survive.  His wound will heal, though it will take 6 months or better.

For background on Buster, my daughter found him and nine other puppies
left on the side of the road.  Of course she brought them all home.  We
found homes for six of them and decided to keep the other four.  One got
sick and died.  And one was with Buster when he got shot, I haven't found
her, but I know in my heart that she isn' t coming home.  So now I have
two.

For two days I have cleaned him,fed him, given him his meds, and just sat
with him.  Today, Christmas Day, I got kisses.  They were the sweetest
kisses I received all day.

My Your Lives Be Blessed With Bliss Now and Forever!!
Suzanne