Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 15:10:46 -0500
Hi everyone, I just recently found this list and I love it.  I've owned four
ferrets for several years now and don't know what I would do with out them.
I have noticed that the toy that they seem to have the most fun with is ping
pong balls.....I don't know if it would work with larger males....but with
my small boy (3-4lb) and my three girls its perfect.  As soon as they try to
get their little mouths around it, the ball shoots across the room..starting
an amazing game of chase....this also works really well in an empty
bathtub...the ball bounces back at them off the walls.

I have also found that using a small bungee cord around the outside of the
cage works for holding the litterbox in place.  I tried cage clips but
wasn't very successful....with four fuzzies working together its amazing
what they can accomplish.  I simply wrap the cord around the outside of the
wires so they can't get at it....and then place the hooks on the lip of the
litter pan.

For Whiskey's owner: My first ferret, Slick, never spoke no matter how
excited she got, until she had friends.  Although I didn't know much about
them at the time, and she might just have been sold a little to early.  I
think part of it has to do with them learning ferret social skills, since
I've gotten the rest of the gang she has come around and is now very vocal.

Fuzzie Snuggles
Sari(mom), Slick, Weasel, Casper, and Pebbles