Date:
Fri, 20 May 2005 19:53:06 -0700
Our sweet albino boy, Willie, crossed the bridge Tuesday with help
from our vet.  Willie had been having problems keeping on weight since
November and after exploratory surgery the end of April, was diagnosed
with lymphoma which was destroying his intestines.

Willie made it thru surgery even after having parts of both adrenals, and
insulinoma, and part of intestines removed on April 28th.  He struggled
for several weeks thru force feeding many times during the day.  Friday
and Saturday he actually seemed to be perking up and took several walks
around the house to his old haunts.  Sunday he started grinding his teeth
and not interested in the food we were trying to force him to eat.

Monday I had to go out of town on business, so had a sitdown talk with
Willie.  I told him that he need not struggle so much that it was OK to
go.  He just needed to let his Dad know while I was away and I would
understand.  Tuesday morning I got the call that Willie was not doing
well and was going to the vet.  The vet felt that we had done all we
could and it was time to let Willie go.

Willie came to our home 2 years ago, we estimated his age around 2 years
old at the time.  Willie loved to run and leap at you, which we called
"Willie leaps".  He would have us laughing hysterically at his run and
jump, paws outstretched, to ram right into your shin.  Willie's favorite
sleeping spot was a white dress shirt on the floor by the bedroom door.
Willie's favorite play toy was his rice bucket, and favorite treat was
yogurt bites.  He used to love the 8-in-1 treats until they changed the
formula.

Those of you greeters at the bridge be aware Willie will be very happy to
feel good again.  Please introduce him to the angels that came before
him, but he has never met - MIssie, Ben, Bear, Hannibal, and Zoomie.

Mommy and Daddy sure do miss Willie, but we are happy that he no longer
has to suffer.

Chris