From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 2006 06:29:39 -0500
Hey Margaret (My middle name)

Yep, I know what you mean about the chickens.  Oh the balconyk, they
would be safe.  My crew, LOVES those little chickies, BUT, they do not
want claws, feathers, or beaks.  And, they want them cooked.  sighhhh.

I have chickens in the barn, and a rooster (a big Rhode Island Red) that
crows every am I love wakeing up to his cheery song.

When I cook chicken, the ferrets are hanging on the cage waiting for
theirs, or they are climbing up my leg, the cat is eying me without
blinking, waiting for his, all three dogs are sitting around, incase
the pot leaps off of the stove, and they want to lick the pan after I
take the chicken out.

To be acceptable, the chicken has to be warm for the ferrets and blended
to smooth, for the cat, in pieces, and the dogs will take all they can
get.  I buy it on sale, cook it for everyone, and me, I just have a
salad.

I always have kittens in the spring, and when the rooster is roaming
about the farm, the kittens stalk him.  They are a hoot as they hide
behind clumps of grass, bushes, whatever.  He puts up with just so much,
then he bops them on the head.  Until they learn better, all my kittens
have a round scab on their foreheads.  To my knowledge, Rusty the
rooster has never lost a feather.

Marilyn and the gang at Ledoux Hospice.