From:
Charleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2005 10:31:59 -0800
>Bob C  [log in to unmask]
>
>"In that part of the West where Yap Yap the Prairie Dog lives is a
>relative called the Blackfooted Ferret who looks like a large Weasel.
>He is about the size of Billy Mink, but instead of the rich dark brown
>of Billy's coat his coat is a creamy yellow.  His feet are black and so
>is the tip of his tail.  His face is whitish with a dark band across
>the eyes.  He is most frequently found in Prairie dog towns and lives
>largely on Yap Yap and his friends.  His ways are those of Shadow and
>his cousins.  There is no one Yap Yap fears quite as much."
>
>Thornton W. Burgess 1920 The Burgess Animal Book for Children.

                   -----------------------------
Old Mother Nature waited until he had finished his feast.  "Now then
Billy," she said I want you to answer a few questions.  Which do you like
best, night or day?" "It doesn't make any particular difference to me"
replied Billy; I just sleep when I feel like it.

When you go hunting, what do you hunt?" asked Old Mother Nature.  Bill
grinned.  "Anything that promises a good meal, said he.  I'm not very
particular.  A fat mouse, a tender young Rabbit, a Chipmunk, a Frog,
Tadpoles, Chickens, eggs, birds, fish; whatever happens to be easiest to
get suits me.  I am rather found of fish, and that's one reason that I
live along the Laughing Brook and around the Smiling Pool.  But I like a
change of fare, and so often I go hunting in the Green Forest.  Sometimes
I go up to Farmer Brown's for Chicken.  In spring I hunt for nests of
birds on the ground.  In winter, if Peter Rabbit should happen along here
when I was hungry, I might be tempted to sample Peter."  In other words,
you hunt very much as does your cousin, Shadow the Weasel.  Said Old
Mother Nature.
(Thornton W. Burgess - The Burgess Animal Book For Children - 1920)

Looks like to me if all of Kodiac the ferret's cousins have been eating
meat for so long it should still be the best food for him!

How many of you here on the FML know about all of "Thornton W. Burgess
books!  Like collecting ferrets, I also collect his books!

I just heard that the maker of Innova is now coming out with a complete
Protein kibbles for cats in March just like the "new ENOV, that they
came out for dogs a few months ago.  Another food to add to my "FERRET
MIXTURE"  Just wish I could get them to live to the age cats live!!!

Charleen and the Wa. Tails