Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 2003 15:54:20 -0400
Hello FML,

I posted the other day about a little girl fuzzy who I had rescued from a
bad situation.  I had asked for suggestions on a name for her because she
didn't even have a name.  I decided to name her Gracie (Grace) because of
a couple of reasons....one because of the song "Amazing Grace" (which was
also my late mother's favorite song) and also because she is so petite,
sweet and graceful (if there is such a thing as a graceful ferret, hee,
hee).

Gracie was being neglected (along with two others).  She is all bones and
barely weighs a pound.  She is approx. one year old and is a beautiful
silver mitt with the cutest smudge marks on her nose, face and body.  Her
nails have never been clipped and she was full of ear mites.  The family
was feeding her Tender Vittles cat food (poor thing) and even with that,
she wasn't getting fed, they never left bowls of food and water down for
these three.  They hardly got any time out of their cages.

So, I brought her home last weekend, gave her a nail clipping and took
her to the vet for an examination.  She checked out okay for the most
part, other than being extremely emaciated and having no muscle mass and
her ear mites were taken care of.  As I made arrangements to pick up the
other two (they couldn't give me all three on the same day unfortunately,
that's a different story), I was told that the one little girl had passed
away...she was found with her nail caught in the bedding in her cage and
they don't know how long she was like that (as they didn't check on her
for two days), gawd that makes me sooooo raging mad.

Anyways, I did take Felix home with me and he was in a bit better shape
than Gracie was.  He is a little on the thin side, but will be fine.
Both Gracie and Felix are beside themselves because they have the whole
house to run around in and explore and actually have toys to play with.

I originally intended to keep these two temporarily until I could find a
loving home for them.  But, it's very difficult because Gracie looks and
acts just like my little Spunky who passed away last month of Insulinoma.
Also, Felix looks and acts just like my Tango who passed away six months
ago.  So, I am going to keep them until they get back on their feet again
and are healthy.  But if anyone is looking to add two very beautiful
fuzzies to their crew let me know.

Thanks everyone who sent me name suggestions, it sure was fun to read
them all!

Have a warm *fuzzy* day!
Tracy J.
Chico, Roo(RooBear), Leah and now Gracie and Felix (missing Pepe',
Spunky & Tango very much)