From:
Susann Thiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 2010 20:22:15 -0800
Hey, remember the olden days when you wrote a check, put it in an
envelope with a stamp and dropped it in the mailbox? Sure, it's not as
convenient as paying online - but that simple act of writing a check
can help save ferrets' lives!

Many of you are aware that Friends of Ferret Shelters can no longer
use PayPal for our raffles. Shelter operators are being told by PayPal
that raffle transactions are no longer allowed, period.

We're looking for other ways to help shelters in desperate need of
money to stay open - and in the meantime, our raffle for Furetti
Ferrets in Ohio has been seriously affected by PayPal's decision.
(See our related post about online gaming and raffle laws.)

Furetti shelter operator Cathy Tarzia has spent thousands of dollars
this year alone on vet bills, making sure that dozens of rescued
ferrets get the medical care they desperately need. Cathy, a nurse,
works at least one extra full shift each week just to keep afloat.
Then add one or two large-scale rescues, like Michigan, and the bills
are enormous.

You can help!! Go ahead and WRITE THAT CHECK! We're extending our
raffle two weeks, until Jan. 22, to give everyone a chance to catch
their breath from the holidays and drop an envelope in the mail to
Furetti Ferrets. In exchange, you'll not only help an amazing ferret
shelter - you can also win one of 15 fantabulous prizes!! Please see
our website for complete descriptions and information on how to enter.

A few extra minutes of your time can make all the difference in the
world to a sick, abused ferret. Thanks so much for your continued
support!

Susann Thiel and Lisa Oestereich
Friends of Ferret Shelters
http://www.shelterfriends.blogspot.com