From:
Gail O'Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 15:31:41 -0400
Todd: snorkelin' Silver sounded soooo funny!  What an amazing trick!
Swallowing water under water!  The look on the cat's face must have been
priceless!

Glenda: I'm going to see what my two little ones will do with a potato
tonight!  How hilarious!  Did you take a picture of Daisy and Meep?

Vet trip: took my two fuzzies to the vet for their first checkup and
distemper shots.  Me and Greg, my human, were much more nervous than our
fuzzies Rascal and Pearl.  First, the trip there was comfy for them.  we
got a $16 Pet Taxi from K-mart, rigged up a cardboard floor for it with a
ridge, looking like this: ........|... For a litter box, we put a plastic
gallon milk jug with it's side cut out (and filled it with litter, some
used) to the right of the ridge area that helps hold it in place, and
plastic-masking-taped it to the cardboard ridge and taxi sides so the
fuzzies wouldn't drag it around.  We put food and water in the little cups
the taxi came with, that attaches to the cage door.  We put a dishtowel
over the non-litter part of the cardboard, tucking it under, and the
fuzzies little blankie over it.  We let the fuzzies play in it for a couple
of days.  They love it!  It's their home away from home.  Came time to go
to the vet - no struggles or problems.  At the vet, fuzzies were introduced
to Linatone, and fell in love.  Nothing fazed them after that.  Shots were
ignored!  Nail clipping- *ignored*!  I held the linatone on a tongue
depressor.  After the fuzzies each had their turn and licked it clean, they
both tried to hide the precious stick in their taxi!  I stayed at the vet
for an extra 20 minutes to be sure there was no allergic reaction to the
shots - which I hear is rare, but can happen.  We were lucky - no problems!
Fuzzies were exhausted from their Linatone frenzy, and slept like the
babies they are on the way home.

Fuzzymath: One good point the vet made, after I saw the bill - "you think
that's bad for two ferrets, just for a checkup and distemper shots - please
don't get any more ferrets unless you have loads of money to spend.  They
can develop cancer, adrenal problems, etc.  Simultaneously!  Not only is
this heartbreaking, it can get *really* expensive!  Unless you can afford
the money, not to mention quality time, etc, family planning is important."
So I can imagine he's seen it happen.  Words from the wise.... (from the
wise vet I mean).

Mama Gail and 'Uncle' Greg,
'Pearly Whirly Girly' - Pearl
'You Squirmy Rascal!' - Rascal