From:
Linda Griffith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 19:17:23 -0500
This post is not about ferrets as there are none at this time at the
Sanctuary, but there could be in the future.  I will give a quick (or not
so quick) rundown of the problem.

Our local Animal Sanctuary has been running for 4 years, has a no-kill
policy & opperates free of taxpayer money.

Our local Town Supervisor (New Windsor) has decided that all strays will go
to the SPCA, which gives 5 days & then they euthinize the animals.  When
the local Animal Control officer objected, telling him about the Santuary,
which he knew nothing about, he firied her!  This man hates animals & cares
not one little bit about their welfare.He has been yelling & screaming at
anyone who tried to call him on the phone about this matter.

Locally we have the support of the newspaper & TV news.  But still we need
all the support we can get.  Our goal is to overwelm this man with letters,
e-mails & phone calls until he stops his plans to do this terrible thing!!
I adopted my little dog from them 3 years ago & have kept in contact by
attending fund-raisers & the annual Pictures with Santa event,which wa
going to be held in mid-December & hopefully still will be.

PLEASE PLEASE!!!  Take 2 minutes to e-mail this evil man & help us save the
animals; those that are there now & those who hopefully will spend time
there in the future.  Send you e-mails to [log in to unmask]

Thank You,
Angel & Waddles- The ferrets
Linda Pixy- the dog
Tinkerbell & Calli- the cats