From:
Juliana Quadrozzi - FERRET BUSINESS of GA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 00:02:08 -0400
>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Can a person get fleas??

Bad news Lisette...yes it can happen.  MOF, my cat & ferret had never
been out of my 2nd floor apt (except for the vet of course) & I had an
infestation that you couldn't believe - & it wasn't from the former tenant.
That was many years ago, long before we had such wonderful, safe &
effective products like Frontline & Fleabusters.

I got a kick out of the way my vet explained it to a client.  She said, you
get out of your car & the flea says "hop on, lets see where she's going," &
you carry them into the house on your sneaker.  If it's a female w/eggs,
you have 300 fleas w/in 3 weeks.  & if only half of them lay 300 eggs...&
so on, & so on...you get the picture.  Before you know it you're completely
infested.

My vet says she recommends the Frontline spray over the Top Spot because
ferrets are so small & the Top Spot is so concentrated.  She feels the
spray is safer.  I use it & am completely happy w/it.

I suggest you remove your clothes & put them in a plastic bag that you can
tie closed until they can be washed after being w/him just in case any have
jumped on for a ride.  Get Fleabusters for your home (carpet & upholstery)
& your car too.

Juliana  (770) 984-1417 <[log in to unmask]>
FERRET BUSINESS of GA
(fer'it`biz'nis) n.  1 Ferret foster care & adoption.
2 Info about ferret care & ownership.  3 What a ferret does.
4 A collection of ferrets.  5 A direct result of ferret math.
/That's BUSINESS as in a bunch of ferrets folks./