From:
Laurie Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 14:31:23 -0800
Hi FMLer's,

I have been as lurker for a few years, but I finally have some things to
talk about.  I am owned by a 1 year old sable, that I love more than any
animal I've been around.  I am a registered Vet Tech, so I guess I've had
alot of experience with all sort of animals.  I live in California, and the
biggest concern I have is trying to get to know other people locally to me
to trade off petsitting.  Obviously boarding isn't possible, even though I
would not like to cage my baby without free roam time daily.  So others that
live around or near Long Beach and would be willing to trade times please
e-mail me.  I would be willing to have someone come into my
house(bonded/certified), but I would hope they have had experience with
ferrets.  I don't feel comfortable with any of my friends for fear that they
don't really know the in's and out's of ferrets.  Also TW who posted a few
days ago about getting a ferret in Las Vegas and flying with it.  From what
I've heard they will confiscate any ferret when you land.  It would be
better to drive there if you plan on getting one in LV.  I wouldn't risk
trying to smuggle it and for sure it would be confiscated.  I am owned only
by one fuzzbutt, and also want another, but I would rather wait to get one
from a shelter or someone that needs a home.  I know there is a shelter in
L.V., but not sure of the hours.  Check the yellow pages if that interests
you.  Anyway Hope to hear from some other fuzzy owners.

Laurie Newman,R.V.T.