Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 11:15:21 -0800
Hi all--

I just wanted to share our sad news that our oldest girl, Chloe, had to be
put to sleep this morning.  She had been suffering with insulinoma for
several months, and recently also developed an adrenal tumor as well.
Recently she had been seizuring severely on a daily basis, and today we
decided that enough was enough for her (I hate making those decisions
though!).  Although it's a sad way to begin the new year, I believe she's
in a better place without pain.

I want to thank everyone for your very helpful replies to my recent post
regarding alternative treatments to surgery for Chloe.  The most helpful
posts to me were those that helped put this all into perspective--that
she was an elderly ferret with major health problems, and that we should
concentrate on making her life comfortable near the end.  It was reassuring
to hear that we were doing all we could for her at this point...since
there's always that guilt that there's some "magical" treatment just
around the corner--when that isn't the case.  Thanks again for all of
your support!!

Sincerely,

Jodi
Xena & Athena