From:
Nancy Hartman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 13 May 1994 12:42:53 -0400
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Date:   Thu, 12 May 1994 08:32:51 -0400
> Subject: Vaccinations

>         As far as feline distemper goes, while ferrets can contract this viru
s,
> it doesn't cause clinical disease in the ferret, hence, vaccination is not
> necessary.

I have a question about this.  Since ferrets can contract the virus, does
that mean that they can in turn pass it along to cats (and other susceptible
animals)?  If so, would vaccination prevent this?

Thanks!

Nancy Hartman     Internet - [log in to unmask]      GEnie - n.hartman4
President, Delaware Valley Ferret Club | CIS Grad Student, U. of Delaware
 ***  Caregiver to Percy, Bree, Popcorn, & Scuttlebutt the ferrets  ***
  "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" - Kant