From:
Jennifer Pezzotti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 14:55:33 EDT
Hi everyone!

Thanks again to everyone that replied to my cry for help and information
- you have all been so informative.

Wally had his heart ultrasound and EKG yesterday - This was his
assessment:

1) No Ferret Cardiomyopathy, but

2) Aortic Valvular Insufficiency - cause possible infection or
degenerative - (basically he has a leaky heart valve.  The infection idea
worries me because I don't let them go outside but I guess I could bring
germs into the ferrets - The vet put him on another 10 day dose of
Amoxidrops).

3) Left Ventricular Hypertrophy and Dilation

4) Congestive Heart Failure Controlled at this time.

He is now on 5 medications: Amoxidrops 2x a day, Enalapril 1x every other
day, Lasix 1x a day, Atenolol 1x a day, And Taurine 3x a week.  Hopefully
this will help him out.

The Deaf Ferret - when I stopped into her office yesterday to pick
up meds for Wally I discussed her neck still swelling.  I have an
appointment for her on Thursday - me vet is thinking that it may be
Lymphoma - I'm still hoping its not but hopefully I will find out soon.
The poor thing had a tumor removed from her tail 2 years ago - the
adrenal tumor removed 2 months ago.  She is a strong fat little thing
so hopefully she will be okay.

Cuca - Thanks everyone for the information on insulinoma.  I spoke to my
vet yesterday afternoon and she had mentioned the very same thing.  Thank
goodness because she had a small episode last night and I quickly got
sugar into her and she was okay.  She goes in at the end of this week
for her Luperin shot - so I am going to ask the vet to check her blood
glucose and ask about pedia pred.

Thanks again everyone - it is nice to know that there are other loving
concerned ferret owners out there.

jennifer