From:
Alicia K Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 1998 08:44:30 -0400
It seems-- though I emphasize that I am *not* a vet that your ferret Taz is
displaying a number of symptoms which in fact would tend to point toward
adrenal disease.  I would strongly reccommend that you take Spaz to a ferret
knowledgeable vet.  If you opt for the surgery-- then Spaz should return to
normal behaviors soon after.  It is a hormonal message that has him going
after the other ferrets.  The skin condition as well is most likely linked
to the adrenal condition.  Supplementing Taz with vitamin e will help the
skin, but the only cure for the combined ailaments is removing the bad
gland.

If you are in a mind to discard him because he has a problem-- I urge you
to reconsider this option-- as you may well be discarding more ferrets for
the same reason inthe future-- that is the way things seem to be going with
ferrets as they reach 2-4 in this neighborhood anyway!