From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:10:57 -0800
We are first time ferret owners and enjoying our Pika more each day.  He
is now about 4 1/2 months old and we have had him for 2 months now.  He
has gotten over his biting habit and has become quite a lap pet!  His last
visit to the vet we were told he had ear mites.  We were given ear drops
which we gave him for the recommended 10 days.  It did not seem to clear
up the problem.  The vet said that she could give him a shot to clear the
mites if the ear drops did not work.  My question is has anyone taken this
route before?  I have read so much about the do's and don'ts of ferreting,
but don't recall reading about ear mites and a shot to clear them up.  Does
anyone have some advice for us?

Thank you.

A Ferret Lover in California!