From:
Michael Gershbein <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1993 14:11:12 -0400
Inez -
  My Feona is not too fond of being handled.  I got her when she was eight
months old.  She was originally from a pet store, and then got turned over
to the Central Illinois Friends of Ferrets, from which I received her.
Therefore, I don't know her past situation, really.  She likes me, and she
likes to play, and once she is picked up, she is fine, but she will not
let me pick her up, without a fight.  I have to sneak up to her and snatch
her since she will seldom come to me on her own.  She also goes for revenge
after I pick her up, trying to bite me (she's a real biter).  The strangest
thing happened the other day, though.  We were at the vet, and she was so
nervous that she wouldn't leave my lap, something that never happens at home.
I love her anyways.
  Also, to Robinson/Houston -
I had the same litterbox problem, but I melted back the corner that she uses
in order to make it easier for her to hit the mark.  I haven't had any
problems since.

    Mike Gershbein                   "Life is a Minestrone"
    University of Illinois, Urbana      -10CC
     Graduate School of Library
        and Information Science