Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 15:34:46 -0700
Those of you making negative comments about David and his losing Vinnie
da Rat should really try to read between the lines a bit.  I don't
think David is giving up.  I don't know if you've noticed, but he keeps
spotting Vinnie.  That doesn't really sound like "giving up" to me, but
hey - I'm a cynical optimist, uninfluenced by either pharmacology or too
much television.

I can understand the frustration in David's last post and his hope that
Vinnie makes it, whether he finds him or not.  I have talked to people
who have lost ferrets which were never found.  It is not an easy thing to
come to grips with.  I don't wish it on anyone.  Sometimes rationalizing
a situation, no matter how irrational it might be, is all we have left.
For those of you who don't recognize that definition, it's called "hope."
I found it between the lines.

As far as saying Vinnie deserves better, well, you're absolutely right.
In my wishful heart, ferrets should never get sick or wander out into
harm's way.  All our ferrets deserve better.  Unfortunately, they have
us - people who make mistakes and make bad decisions.  Until we reach
our final destination, they'll have to settle for us.  And maybe even
afterwards, as God seems to have a sense of humor that defies our comedic
understanding.

As for Vinnie da Rat; I'm still rooting for you, Vinnie.  And you too,
David.  David needs words of hope and consolation, not criticism.  I
found that between the lines, too - easier to spot it than it is to get
your hands around, I guess.  Just like Vinnie.

I will put in another two cents to St. Franky for da Rat.  If you add it
up, I'm into St. Franky for about $1.18.  You keep an eye out, David.
I wish you and Vinnie the best.  Here's to warm weather (not too warm),
slow rodents, and hope.

Roary
Albuquerque, NM
blog - http://ferretphilosophy.blogspot.com/