Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 2006 23:50:40 +0000
>From:    Lora <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Rescue on verge of closing
>
>Unfortunately, I may have to add to the list of closing shelters.
>Currently, we have 83 ferrets total in our shelter system.  I have 61
>in house and 22 in foster homes.  The vast majority of these kids are
>elders, ill and/or biters (which are very hard to place).  I am really
>struggling with the possibility of closing, I just cannot mentally or
>physically handle anymore ferrets here, and my foster moms are just
>plain burnt out.  Here is what makes it the hardest, the three shelters
>that I refer ferrets to are full.  They are also overwhelmed.

I am in contact with Motor city ferrets on a regular basis and they have
asked me to post this for them:

Feel free to post a reply that Motor City Ferrets is not full, has not
been full all year and has room to accept surrenders right now.  Donna
told me she did fill up quickly due to a couple of 5 surrenders, but
we're holding steady in the low 20's.

Nanci
Motor City Ferrets
www.motorcityferrets.org