From:
Nancy Herring <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2008 21:44:51 -0500
>This video seems to show an animal looking awfully close to a pudgy
>ferret biting a cobra. I don't think that cobra is taking it seriously
>until it is too late! That is because ferrets are just too darned cute!
>That is how I get bitten OVER AND OVER again! awww... look at that cute
>thing.. no way will he bite be again! and BOOM my flesh is pinched
>between his jaws :)
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfa5GYYM2sw&feature=related
>
>...so bizarre."

I didn't go to the youtube site to see the video, but I do know that
mongooses can kill cobras and mongooses are quite similar to ferrets. I
know that, like cobras, they are native to India. Unless the laws have
changed, mongooses can not be imported into the US. Rudyard Kipling
wrote a lovely children's book about Ricki-Ticki-Tavi, a mongoose who
lived in India and kept his owner's compound free of cobras. If you
like ferret stores, you probably would like to read the story about
Ricki. They even made an animated movie version which I used to like
to watch.

Nancy