From:
Lady Felix <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 17:29:49 PDT
Hi, I am new to the list.  I am 16 years old and have 1 ferret named Furlow.
My step mother is completely terrified of ferrets so when i finally begged
them to get me one for christmas the deal was that it wasnt allowed to leave
my room.  Well that worked out ok.  We have recently decided to move to
Arizona (if my parents decide to, they change their minds every week) and we
are staying in there checking it out to see if we want to move.  We are
staying in this really little trailer that my uncle owns in a junk yard.
Well since I dont have a room in this house and I sleep in the living room,
my poor ferret isnt allowed out of his cage.  I know this isnt good for him
at all.  I made a great big cage outside for him to run around in, but I
dont like letting him stay in it during the day because there hasnt been a
day yet that was below 95 degrees and I am afraid he will get to hot.  I
dont like keeping him out there at night by himself because there are dogs
that have already tried to get their taste of him.  Well lately my ferret
has been seeming pretty sad and he doesnt seem to want to play with me when
I try to take him for walks or let him out when I can.  I know it is because
he has to stay in his cage all the time, when he was use to only being in it
at night or when he was in trouble.  Does anyone have ideas on how I help my
little guy?  Does anyone know something I can do to entertain him and make
him want to play with me more?  He seems depressed, is that possible?

Also we travel between New Mexico and Arizona alot, since my dad is working
in Arizona but our house is in New Mexico.  I was wondering if the 6 hour
ride is bad for my little pet.  Do they get car sick and does anyone know
how I can make him more comfortable during the trip?  Well thank you and i
will be looking forward to you help and advice.  :o)

Always,
                                Jennifer