From:
Julie Dowdy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 07:36:42 -0500
Hello!

I've always wondered these things, and thought it about time I asked! 8)

Do ferret litters have `runts'?  I've always wondered this, as it seems the
word `runt' is used a lot when other animals have litters.  My Boo-boo is a
little tiny ferret, and I assumed all ferrets were that size until we got
our first male.  WOW!  Or are there just size differences?  If there is a
runt, do jill's abandon it like other species might?

Ferret ears: Has there ever been any kind of study or proof on what kind of
noises and at what level hurt their ears?  They're so tiny, that sometimes
I wonder if my voice at a certain level would make them hurt, or if music
or tv bothers them.  Most of the time I would say no, they just look at me
with that typical Bored Ferret Look when I talk to them, and they're not
big tv fans.  Although the vac gets their attention. 8)  And the hair
dryer!

Cinnamon colored ferrets: are they just a `Oh, it came out this color' or
do you have to specifically breed for colors?  I've got a bee-yoo-ti-ful
silver mitt girl, complete with gorgeous smudges under her eyes and a
thick, thick, thick coat, and then an unbelievably yummy Cinnamon who is
the most beautiful mix of cream colors I've ever seen!  They just
fascinate me.

Ferret nipples: The aforementioned Cinnamon is a male, and has dense but
thin fur on his tummy.  I never knew male ferrets had a row of nipples (at
least I think they are) before, as all my other boys have really thick fur.
Why are they there on males?

Thank you!
Julie