From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 19:44:46 -0800
Time to start thinking about signing up for the FML St Paddy's Day Card
Exchange!  You can sign up by going to:
http://www.hideyhole.org/exchange.php
or by sending me an e-mail telling me you want to join in on the fun!
I will take sign-ups until March 7th.

The Valentine's Day was a wonderful success with 52 people joining in
and raising a total of $363.00.  That figure is as of Saturday but there
were still 7 people I had not heard from yet so the total may go a little
higher!  I am sure the weather in parts of the country have prevented
some from getting thier cards out.  I know it's been downright nasty
here!

Besides the wonderful amount of money raised for Support Our Shelters,
there were also some great items sent!  Lots of hearts!  Heart stickers
and candy, Heart bookmarks and a beautiful silver heart charm, heart
shaped toys and CHOCOLATE!!  Trish sent a wonderful CD and Tracy sent a
small scrapebook.  The furkids loved their cheweasel and foamy fries and
you all would not believe the beautiful homemade cards!  Just truly
awesome cards...with many wonderful pictures!  I think my favorite part
of the exchanges are seeing all the pictures of the furkids!  I will also
include a special thank-you to Jennifer for the address labels!  These
are a huge help to me!  And I would also like to thank everyone for their
very generous donations!  Large or small, your donation does make a
difference to a ferret in a shelter somewhere!  So thank you to:

Serena DeCastro, Debbie Fitzgerald, Ray and Julie Pressey, Debbie
Zimmerman, Linda Gurule, Suzi Lambert, Holly DiMeglio, Lisa Williams,
Carol Owens, Diddy Wheeler, Connie Martin, Robin Jones, Flora Hedrick,
Alicia Drakiotes, Jennifer RaselMargarey Joslyn, Mary DeCoff, Wendy
Loughlin, Ada Gibbs, Lynn Barker, Kelly White, Judy Gabel, Carol Krause,
Sara Munz, Angela Dixon, Gillian Donovan, Linda Zerillo, Ben and Lydia
Russell, Vickey Bishop, Stephanie Grant, Deb Carlson, Anna Walker,
Jennifer Vaughn, Melissa Rotert, Brenda Zupko, Erica Bruczkowski, and
Dawn Bohety.

And I have also made a desicion about the gift basket.  After many
different opinions ranging from people thinking it's a great idea to one
person who refused to ever accept another card from me, I have decided
that I do really like the gift basket idea....but instead of doing it
for every card exchange, I will do one big basket at Christmas.  Every
exchange you participate in will get you one entry into the drawing for
the basket.  Since this is a special thank-you from me and not Support
Our Shelters, you do not have to donate to get an entry, all you have to
do is join in the card exchange and send your cards out!.  I have always
tried to stress that the exchange is for fun and to share our love of
ferrets with each other.  A donation to participate has never been
required and never will be as long as I am doing the exchanges.  The
donations are just a wonderful by-product and are appreciated by every
shelter mom they have helped!

So, if you have never joined in the FML Card Exchange, please join us!
To those who have continually supported this, thank you!!

Judy Cooke
Support Our Shelters