From:
[log in to unmask] (Alayne M. Whaley)
Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 1994 00:40:31 -0500
Hello all!  Hope this finds everyone's fuzzies well.

Why is is that the files I signed up to have AFD of, are sent to me
more than once?
What happened to issue 1008?  Did I delete it or did it not exist?
If is does exist, how long do I wait for it to be available thru
listserv?  How do I know when the ferret index will be available?
Do I just ask for it and hope?  Have to send the listserv bogus
requests, but I haven't seen anything about when it's available.
Will it be sent to me when it is ready or do I haveta do the
roulette thing again?

Well!  I finally decided that my ferrets, Trouble and Allie (formerly
Avi) could spend their nights in the same cage.  I put them together,
and watched for twenty minutes while Trouble spent his time chasing
Allie and grabbing the scruff of her neck, dangling her head down the
steps.  Eventually he gave up and now they play wonderfully together.
Guess I was separating them prematurely.

About the name change...I had asked about naming her something
related to climbing, someone mentioned naming her after a
mountaineer.  SO!  I grabbed the "encyclopedia of mountaineering"
and looked through it.  Only one name seemed to grab my attention.
Algernon Sidney Bicknell I think it was.  SO!  I was reminded of
the mouse in the story Flowers for Algernon and so it was!  Her
name is Algernon now, for all it's maleness, but Allie (or is it
the raisin can) is what she responds to.

Also....It seems I don't have to worry about the waterbed heater cord
getting broken by the ferrets.  "Bear dog" was kind enough to do it
instead.  DOGS.

Well...I suppose some of my questions may be misdirected.  I'm sorry,
I really should be asleep.  Thanks.

--
Alayne M. Whaley