Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 19:00:48 -0700
Here in California there has been some great publicity about the ferret
bill.  But we need to continue encouraging everyone to call and write in
to the Governor's office.  He still has given no indication about whether
or not he supports the bill, and he needs to know that the public is
overwhelmingly in favor of legalization!

Over the weekend, a small group of us got together and sent out mailings
to every veterinary clinic in the greater San Diego area (about 220 in
all).  Each mailing included a cover letter to the clinic explaining the
current status of the bill, and several copies of a flyer with phone and
mailing instructions.  With four of us helping, it was quick and easy.
All of the prep work and stuffing was done in one day.  The total cost
of copying and postage for each letter was around $2.00, a good deal
considering that each clinic will see hundreds of animal lovers in the
next few weeks.

Let me know if you would like to organize a mailing for your local area.
I can make up a list of addresses for the vet clinics near you.  I can
also send you the text we used for the cover letter and flyers (or you
can design your own, or use the poster from the CFL website).  This
would also be a good project for non-residents who would like to support
California ferrets... even if you don't live here, you can certainly send
mail here!  Mailings should be done as soon as possible, since Governor
Schwarzenegger could act on the bill any day now.

Many thanks to all of you who have supported California's legalization
efforts.  Freedom may just be a few hops away.

Dooks,
Julie and Sned, Zoe, Pepper, and Ginger... eagerly looking forward to a
nice walk in the park