From:
Al Gearhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 1997 10:07:09 -0500
AlphaChi writes
>I recently lost two ferrets to ECE, leaving behind one lifetime companion
>who was fortunate enough to survive.  It has been two months now, and still
>the remaining ferret fails to eat on her own.  ... her activity has dropped
>to a virtual standstill.

We have seen others write of it before and wonder if Deja just might not be
suffering from depression.  With the loss of two companions (or so it seems
from the posting) it would seem quite possible that your ferret is in fact
grief stricken.

With the varied personalities that we enjoy from all our fuzzy friends, it
would stand to reason the each will take the loss of companions differently.
Is this not the case with human beings?  Let us all hope that you will
continue to give her the attention she needs (as it seems you are) and that
she will recover in due time.  Perhaps the introduction of new playmates was
too soon for her, but I would think it will prove to be a positive move in
time.

sorry on loss and good luck...

Al Gearhart
Daisy, Luke, Bo, & Beauty