From:
Terri Dreffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 01:38:00 EST
I have a carpet digger too, Cocoa.  One of the best ways I get her to stop
is by spritzing Bitter Apple on the carpet.  Just very lightly.  (Test
your carpet first in a hidden spot ... but I have never had any problems
with it discoloring the carpet).   When Cocoa gets a little taste in her
mouth, shakes her head, "spits and sputters" .... and off to something
more interesting.  Scruffing her has never helped .... as soon as I would
sit her down and try to divert her interest to something else, she would
dash off right back to the same spot to dig .... with me in close pursuit
right behind her.  I honestly think that me chasing her was part of the
"thrill"!!  :-)

The very BEST thing that I found to discourage digging, though, is a
Rice Box.  I know that subject has been talked about and debated here
before .... some people also make a similar type digging box with dried
beans.  When I have the Rice Box out ... I never have any carpet digging
issues because they are all to busy digging and rolling around in the box!
It is quite a sight to see.  Just an idea to satisfy their desire to dig.

I have an "assumed" (?) ferret sighting in a TV show .... any of you see
the Drew Cary Show .... the one where Drew's dog Speedy gets his hip
operation?  Kate decides she wants a pet .... so she brings in this cage
covered with a towel and sits it on Drew's desk.  She pulls off the towel
to show Drew, and the cage is empty!  Kate says something about how the
little guy must have been watching her while she set the combination on
the lock on the cage  (Not surprised ... we all know how smart they are!!).
Anyway, the ferret is mentioned a few more times in the show .... and at
one point, Kate is even seen pulling the little guy out of Drew's pant's
leg!  Of course, all you see is some type of wiggling fur .... not a real
fuzzie. :(

One last thing .... way back in March .... a lot of you were kind enough
to vote for one of my fuzzies in a ferret photo contest.  Well, since
Maverick won the contest for that month, he is now in their Ferret Of
The Year Photo Contest.  Could you guys maybe stop by and vote for my
Mavy?  If you happen to see a fuzzie that you like better ... that is
okay too ... but if not, Maverick (and I) would really appreciate your
vote!! :-)  Here is the link if you would like to vote:
http://www.theferrethouse.com/FerretOfTheYearContest.htm
Maverick is Ferret # 3 !!

Take Care .... And Hugs to all your Fuzzies!!

Terri