From:
FerrerMomJC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 09:19:01 -0800
Who better to ask than my target audience & those who are experienced in
fund raising as well!

I'm making cards with ferret graphics on them for the purpose of raising
funds for my shelter ferrets.  It's just getting to the point that I'm
taking too much from personal funds to cover surgeries.  My hope is that
I'm able to raise enough to cover my sirgeries plus to continue the sale
of cards so that I can help fund the SOS on a regular basis.

So - my question to you is - how would you market/sell these cards?  I
could picture individual cards on a web-site and have people e-mail me
orders - I do not really want to get into the whole credit card thing -
I don't want to be in business (at least not right now).....I just want
to sell some attractive greeting cards/note cards to benefit ferrets.
Another thought was to ask clubs that have a newsletter if I could place
an ad in their newsletter or insert a flyer for a small fee.  I could try
to place a small assortment of cards in shelters across the country, sell
to them at a lower price where we'd both be receiving benefit from them?
I'm thinking individual cards as well as sets of 4 or 6.

These would be different pictures of ferrets, various mediums - water
colors, chalks, embossings, etc.  probably mostly blank inside - anything
from Spring, Fall, Holidays, all-occasion, some with text
sayings/messages and some not.

How yould you sell them?  What would you buy or want to see in a card?

Please e-mail me directly - don't want to clutter the FML with my little
science project!

Thanks, Jerri Carel, The Ferret Haven, Louisville.