From:
Shawn & Lori <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 23:41:37 -0800
Hello,

You all know me, my husband, and our plethora of carpet munchers, from
the labrador to the cat to the six fuzzy wonders of my world.  To refresh
your memories, we own (are owned by) Lance (the bully), Loki (giant and
lazy), Merlin (deaf biter), Nikita (the albino princess), Pirate (the
human lover), and Smokey (the queen of it all).

We are preparing for a move to Franklin, North Carolina.  The small town
is located in the Smokey Mountains 20 minutes from Georgia, 1 hour 30
minutes from Tennessee, 1 hour from South Carolina, and 1 hour and 20
minutes from Asheville, North Carolina.  There is a great vet there (Roy
Lenzo) who raised ferrets for many years.  Our new accomidations will
allow us to have room for a lot more fuzzies, so I am thinking about
opening a ferret shelter.

Before you tell me I'm crazy (I already know that), I want some advice.
I know how to deal with people and healthy/sick animals to a large
extent, but the material aspects is where I feel I will have trouble
getting it all right.  Could someone send me a list of all the things
I'll need to start a shelter I.E.  a shopping list?  Maybe you could
include in the list the cheapest places to purchase the items.  I also
need an overview of "shelter medicine", for I know Peptobysimal and
Benedryl aren't exactly covered in the Ferret Faq (LoL).  Please tell
me what you wish you would have known from the beginning of your ferret
shelter venture.

I will move in the middle of May to early June.  I plan to have
everything set for the critters by August or earlier.  I am very serious;
I honestly believe God has called me to do work with animals, and he has
been so gracious to point me in the direction of ferrets.

From:
Lori and Rat's Brats