Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 23:55:32 EST
I think this health pool is a great idea with one price per household and a
$$ limit possibly.  We belong to a self insured workers comp fund at work
and everyone gets a rating at the end of the year based on what claims they
have had.  Every year there is rebate money left in the fund and the rates
have not gone up.  This rebate goes back to each participant based on their
rating.  Ratings are A, B, C, D, E & F.  A being the best and F being
failed.  The premiums are the same for everyone only the rebate varies.

By the way for your survey.  I get an F.  With one ferret who is 2.5 years
old, I have spent around $1,400.00.  Needless to say I have a second ferret
now anyway.  You have good ideas about conferring with vets and setting a
price limit per procedure.  Maybe not covering routine care at all.  I know
I had to pay twice as much for Calvin's surgeries because he went to an
emergency clinic and then to the University Hospital which both charge much
more than a ferret vet.

I'll be watching for future postings on this matter.

Eunice (Sunflower)
Calvin ( I feel sssooooo much better now)
Gypsy (We are switching to the darkness theory)