From:
Death Adder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 2003 12:15:42 -0700
Well with the exception on one fellow smoker I seem to have fallen into a
viper pit.

It was not my intention to say that ferrets don't get second hand smoke
but to point out that there are other chemicals that can cause harm
likewise.  You know the "New Car Smell" , yea , it's a formaldehyde, same
with carpet, furniture, and many other household items.  What about lead
poisoning?  Did you know that toothpaste tubes were made out of lead for
many years.  that's two doses a day.  It wasn't until 5 yrs back that
crest stopped using lead and began using polymer tubes.  Was it public
opinion that changed the tubes?  Aw,, NO, it was economics, it's easier
to make a tube from plastic.

"BUT WAIT MR ANSWER MAN, what does this have to do with ferrets getting
second hand smoke?" Why let me answer that Jimmy.  Second hand smoke is
dangerous, never said it wasn't (carefully read my statement) but so is
other often neglected items.  Did you know Jimmy that polyvinyl plastics
that are in everything from the body of your toothbrush to the case of
your CD or DVD , your Tupperware (tm) to your lunchbox and even your GI
Joe (tm).  Lets look at electronics , many circuit boards have extremely
dangerous and noted carcinogenic.  The processes to make these are
considered dangerous.  So when you open up the box of your new computer
do you but it outside for a week to vent the emissions?

The keys on your keyboard have poly vinyl chlorides even as you touch tem
the amount of dosage is small but add up all the poly vinyl's you come in
contact with or even those that your ferret chews on.

What about Chlorine it's self found to be a noted carcinogenic, do you
think of that when showering?

Magnetism , them too , they are all around you as is microwave radiation,
our melons are constantly bombarded by these.

Oh and don't forget about the lexan bottles your favorite bottled water
come in , you guessed right Jimmy....

Lets see what other danger must we list, oh , Radon , radioactive gas
found in high level in house built on large granite formations and having
no ventilation or evacuation for the gas.  Our airtight cocoons we live
in hold and concentrate these carcinogens.

And lastly, What about those evil peanuts?  You remember the days when
every kid had a PB&J sandwich, well now they have "special" areas in the
lunch room for peanut products.  What the heck happened?  why did kids
get this allergic reaction?

It's the Sterile Child Syndrome, in other words we protect them from
cradle to grave and they never come in contact with these germs, or other
evil little things in the soil.  So we have these kids that will most
likely die if they venture out of their environment.  What a sad state of
affairs.  So when you look around to eliminate the carcinogens you better
have a class 3 bio-suit on, a negative pressure system and HEPPA filters
the size of refrigerators or those poor ferrets will become ill.

Death Adder, lite'n one up as we speak...